Fright-Hike Challenge

Lupus Fright Hike - The Hibbs Lupus Trust

The charity challenge walk that’s set to be a scream!

Are you ready for Fright Hike? The Fright Hike series is a set of challenging 30km walks taking place in the spookiest of wooded locations – for 2013 we’ll be Halloween hiking through Epping Forest and Sherwood Forest. It’s going to be one HELL of a challenge!

The Challenge

The Fright Hike challenge is simple – each walker makes their way around the 30km route within 6 hours.

Epping Forest, London, Saturday 26th October 2013

Famous for ghost sightings and paranormal activities, Epping Forest is London’s largest open space and is sure to provide us with the best of backdrops for our southern Fright Hike! With its large church and surrounding cemetery and the legendary ‘Hangmans Hill’, that is said to have been used to hang criminals and convicts. In addition, the forest is reputed to be the home of Dick Turpins ghost – the infamous murderous highway man.

Don your trekking boots…this 30km hike will be murder on your muscles!

[ba-button link=”http://regonline.activeeurope.com/frighthike-eppingHLT” color=”silver” target=”blank”]REGISTER NOW[/ba-button]

Sherwood Forest, Nottinghamshire, Saturday 2nd November 2013

Best known for the legend of Robin Hood, this world famous forest is also said to be home of various spirits and legends and home to Rufford Abbey – said to be one of the most haunted places in England. With its medieval-era atmosphere, and crumbling haunted ruins of a monastery this location will run riots in your mind.

Tie your trekking laces tight, this will be one a monster of a trek

[ba-button link=”http://regonline.activeeurope.com/frighthike-sherwoodforestHLT” color=”silver” target=”blank”]REGISTER NOW[/ba-button]

Being a Fright Hiker…

We must not forget that Fright Hike is a walking challenge in addition to being a great social event. Each 30km course is tough and we require all walkers to be competent in completing the route within 6 hours.

Trekking for 30km will be a challenge if you do not take part in regular walking activities. With the correct training and with our expert support, it is very achievable.

Sign up as a team – support each other on this harrowing hike!
Sign up as an individual – our ‘terror-ific’ team will support you!

The Fright Hike Village

This is where both the Fright Hike routes will start and finish and there will be a whole host of facilities available for everyone at both event locations – toilets, hot food and refreshments (at own expense), car parking and a great atmosphere pre and post hike!

The costs…

There are 2 payment options for participants to choose from:-

Payment Option A – Minimum Sponsorship

Registration Fee £39 per person + Minimum Sponsorship = £160 per person

You pay the non-refundable registration fee to Global Adventure Challenges and then raise the minimum sponsorship.

You must send 80% (£128 per person) of the minimum sponsorship and pledges for the remaining 20% to your chosen Charity at least 6 weeks prior to the Challenge. Your charity will then pay the event balance out of the sponsorship. All outstanding sponsorship must be sent to the Charity within 4 weeks of completing the event.

Payment Option B – Self-funding

Registration Fee £39 per person + Event balance = £39 per person

You pay the non-refundable registration fee to Global Adventure Challenges.

6 weeks prior to the event, an invoice will be sent to the individual or Team Captain for the balance of the Challenge. This is to be paid 4 weeks prior to the Challenge.

Although there is no minimum sponsorship required, we ask you to raise additional funds for us. Any sponsorship collected must be sent to us.

What’s included?

Full event backup and support through challenge event specialists Global Adventure Challenges, marshalled checkpoints providing complimentary snacks and refreshments, support vehicles, mountain leaders sweeping the pack and a whole lot of fun.

Fright Hikers will also have access to the participant’s area of the website, (due for launch in mid-June 2013) where a whole host of event information will be available:-

Trek Guides
Kit Lists
Training information and guidelines
Discount vouchers for affiliate clothing and equipment partners
Route information
Information regarding transport links and how to get to/from each of the Fright Hike Villages

…and a whole lot more!

Questions? 
Freephone 0800 840 7114

 

Subscribe to all our latest news | Follow us on twitter | Join us on facebook

If you like this, please share:

Leave a Comment





Subscribe to our blog:

Enter your email address and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Something went wrong. Please check your entries and try again.