Following the success of the Midlands XC Cannock Chase Classic back in March, Run & Ride are once again promoting a Mountain Bike event for all on one of the best places to ride in the UK, Cannock Chase!
Instead of the standard categories Run & Ride are going to try something a little different and touch more straight forward. So for the upcoming event the categories will be:
Under 10′s, Under 12′s, Juvenile, Youth & Junior:
All stay the same
The rest of the categories are removed and replaced with:
Fun & First Timers:
People who love racing but aren’t necessarily fit, or those who have never raced before. An entry level race where people can get a taste for what MTBing is all about. Race distance will be around the 1hr mark. Male & Female categories.
For those guys who have a good level of fitness but wouldn’t make the top ten in a normal Vets, Masters or top 5 in a Sports race. Race time around 1.15 – 1.30. Male and Female categories.
Elite & Racing Snakes:
These guys are the cream of the crop. Top riders out of the Vet, Sport, Masters, Experts and Elite. The ones that make everything look easy! Race time around 1.30 to 1.45. Male and Female categories.
Which will you ride? Who will you come against? There are new battles to be ridden!
Categories & Entry Fees:
- Under 10s Boys / Girls (10 minutes): £3.00
- Under 13s Boys / Girls (20 minutes): £3.00
- Juvenile (13/14) (M – 2 laps / F – 1 lap): £10.00
- Youth (15/16) (M – 2 laps / F – 2 laps): £10.00
- Junior (17/18) (M – 3 laps / F – 2 laps): £12.50
- Fun & First Timers (M – 3 laps / F – 2 laps): £15.00
- Enthusiast (M – 4 laps / F – 3 laps): £17.50
- Elite & Racing Snakes (M – 5 laps / F – 4 laps): £20.00
*Lap length around 5 – 6km
- Hot Food & Drink
- Parking (50p charity donation)
- Onsite drinking water
- This event will be run under the guidelines of British Cycling “Go MTB”. No ranking points will be given. You will not require a license to compete in any of the categories
- Prizes for the first 3 in each category (excluding under 10′s and 12′s).
- Prize presentation will take place around 30 minutes after the race winner finishes.
- Small gift for all finishers in Under 12′s and 10′s.
- Entry on the day will be available should places be available with a surcharge of £2.00.
Can you help raise money for The Hibbs Lupus Trust? It’s really easy for you to raise money for us by creating an online fundraising page on JustGiving. It takes only minutes to personalise your page, and then family & friends will be able to support you by donating on-line with a credit card or debit card.
Online entry is NOW OPEN!