Take on the ultimate dare devil challenge for The Hibbs Lupus Trust and experience the thrill of Wing Walking!
Through our partnership with Life Changing Challenges team we are able to offer this amazing challenge for you to experience the thrill of a wing walking ride from this private aerodrome in the heart of Essex.
The Aerobatic Tactics team Stearman biplane is available for wing walking experience flights from their main base Damyns Hall aerodrome in Essex and by arrangement at Headcorn Aerodrome in Kent.
On the day of your wing walking experience, friends and family are welcome and both airfields have a viewing area and a cafeteria serving food and drink until late afternoon. You will be with the team for a maximum of 90 minutes, but you are welcome to stay at the airfield and enjoy the atmosphere for the day.
Before your flight the team will provide a comprehensive ground and safety briefing when you will need to sign a fitness/waiver declaration. Once strapped into the 5 point harness you will take off for a 10 minute ultimate experience that will include zooms and climbs at speeds up to 130mph and passes near to friends and family.
With 2 high resolution cameras fitted to the aircraft it is possible to record your flight. The recording includes cockpit and engine sounds and is edited then returned to you by post within 28 days in DVD format. The cost of this lasting reminder of your flight is £50 and can be paid for on the day. After your flight you will receive a certificate confirming you have participated in a wing walk.
• Wing Walkers must be between 18 and 65 years old
• You must be between 5 and 6ft tall (1.52-1.83m)
• You must weigh less than 12 stone (77kg)
• You need to be able to climb up to the top wing of the aircraft (around 10 feet)
• You cannot take part if you have or are suffering from Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, blackouts, fainting or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes, mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction
• If you have any pre existing medical conditions which you feel may prevent you from taking part you should consult your doctor
• All wingwalkers will be required to sign a disclaimer prior to taking part
• You will be securely attached to the aircraft at all times using a purpose built CAA approved harness and rig
• You should wear a couple of layers of close fitting comfortable clothing and flat soled lace up footwear
• Earplugs and goggles are provided
• Jewellery will need to be removed for the display
• Pets are not allowed on the airfield
Fund-Raising (£50 deposit plus £1000 donation payable to The Hibbs Lupus Trust 6 weeks prior to wing walk)
On payment of the deposit you will be contacted by the Aerobatics Tactics team to arrange dates and times of your wing walking challenge.
Once you have raised the minimum donation we will cover the cost of the challenge, which is £435.00 and keep the remaining donations to support The Hibbs Lupus Trust.
[pl_button type=”default” link=”http://www.life-changingchallenges.co.uk/homepage-featured-challenges/wing-walking-challenge.html” target=”blank”]Register Now![/pl_button]
Wing Waling is organised through our partnership with Life Changing Challenges. If you have any questions regarding your skydive please call them on 0203 086 8231.
If you like this, please share:
Find out how we help support people living with lupus.
Enter your email address and receive notifications of new posts by email.